Besides this, qjackctl has been updated, and it should be easier to start Jack on Windows and Macos now. Included in this release is also a new program to reset qjackctl settings, called "qjackctl_reset". It might be useful to make Jack run again.
Changes 6.5.84 -> 6.6.77:
- Macos: Include updated LADSPA plugins.
- Windows/Macos: Include a new version of qjackctl
that doesn't set sample rate and period size unless
they're explicitly set to custom values. Might fix
problems people have starting Jack on Windows.
- Windows/Macos: Include a new program called
"qjackctl_reset" that resets qjackctl-settings back
to default. Can be useful to make Jack run (again).
- Windows: Update documentation for installing the
ASIO Jack driver (it's not a part of Jack anymore).
- Settings: Make it impossible to corrupt the config
- NSM: Don't autoconnect ports when NSM is active.
- Settings: Fix writing if the config file (for some
reason) have become an empty file.
- Internal: New data structure for storing editor
data. The new data structure supports reading and
writing from multiple threads without blocking. So
far only the note-stops have been converted to the
new data structure, but eventually everything
should be converted. Then we will see better
realtime behavior and better performance in general
because of less CPU cache hits. This is also
preparation work for replacing OpenGL with Vulkan.
- Audio: Fix loading and saving plugins that have
effect names with lineshifts.