In addition, there should be fewer crashes in MacOS 10.14 caused by Apple's OpenGL library. Hopefully this problem has been fixed now.
The release also fixes a crash-bug in 5.9.85, so it is recommended for everyone running 5.9.85 to update.
Changes 5.9.85 -> 5.9.86:
- macOS: Don't display startup warning window anymore
if running 10.14.
- macOS: Officially support 10.15, but display a
warning during startup that it hasn't been much
- macOS: Include a QJackCtl app in the binaries since
neither the "Jack Pilot" nor QjackCtl binaries
included with jack works very well in 10.15.
- macOS: New workarounds to prevent Apple's OpenGL
library from crashing when resizing (especially in
10.14 and 10.15). Unfortunately, this causes a little bit of
flickering when resizing, plus longer time to
resize, but it's better than crashing.
- GUI: Fix crash when ensuring that a visible widget
always has keyboard focus. The crash could for
instance be triggered by pressing the tab key 4
times in a row. Bug was introduced in 5.9.85.