The most notable change this time is the redesign of the modules in the modular mixer. The modular mixer now looks like this:
..and there's many usability improvements as well. (see changelog below)
Another visual improvement is the improved "Insert new sound object" / "New audio instrument" popup menu:
Lots of other popup menus in the program, especially in the mixer and the sequencer, have been cleaned up as well.
Besides this, the release also contains many minor improvements and bug fixes, plus some improvements to the manual.
Changes 6.9.91 -> 6.9.94:
- Instruments: Reorganize the "Insert new sound
object" / "New audio instrument" menu.
- Playlist: Give keyboard focus to the sequencer
instead of the editor when the mouse is inside the
- Sequencer: Minimize sequencer height when
maximizing window or showing full-screen.
- GUI: Try to fix sequencer sometimes not being
fully minimized right after startup.
- Windows: Partially fix importing MIDI files, i.e.
smaller files are imported perfectly now. However,
larger MIDI files seem to only be partially
imported on Windows. The problem does not seem to
be present on Linux and macOS.
- GUI: When showing sequencer, make sure the mixer
is visible first if the sequencer is inside the mixer.
- GUI: Fix keyboard focus when showing sequencer.
- GUI: Don't show mixer at program startup.
- MIDI: Give more information when warning about
possibly creating a recursive connection when
connecting an instrument to a MIDI output port.
Before it could look like the program was stuck in
an infinite loop when importing MIDI files.
- Sequencer: Clean up popup menus a little bit.
- Mixer strips: Clean up popup menus a little bit.
- Sequencer: Make sure first seqtrack is the current
seqtrack after loading an older song. Before this
commit, a hidden seqtrack bus was set as the
- Modular mixer: Let the "C2" button apply to all
buses, not just the 5 effect buses.
- Instrument effect popup menu: Replace the
"keybindings for.." sub menu with entries that
actually changes the value. This value can instead
be right-clicked to change keybinding. Redundant
functionality though, but it looks cleaner.
- Modular mixer: Include "mixer" elements in a
"mixer" sub menu for the popup menu.
- Modular mixer: Snap connections to modules when
- Modular mixer: Put connection lines on top of all
other graphical elements when being created.
- Modular mixer: Fix hovered connection color (it
was hardcoded to a bluish color).
- Mixer: Make event connections red. (The old color
looked too much like the audio connection color,
and yellow (used before that again) looks too much
like white which is used to show a current event
going through the connection.)
- Modular mixer: Fix possible division by zero
sometimes happening when using middle button to
- Modular mixer: Redesign GUI of the modules:
- Don't overlap volume sliders with the
- Switch back to displaying simple peaks.
- Use the instrument color for the background
color of the M/S/B buttons.
- Use black background color for the volume sliders.
- Write dB value inside the volume sliders.
- Swap upper and bottom half of the modules. I.e.
paint text and note indicator above slider and
- Less rounded and a little bit thinner borders.
- Limit the volume sliders between -40dB and +6dB.
Before, it was between -40dB and +35dB, which is
usually a too big range.
- Make non-linear scaling between effect value and
slider positions, similarly to the mapping in
the mixer strips. (i.e. we have approximately
equal room between -6dB and 6dB and between -35dB
and -6dB now).
- Adjust audio port colors.
- Light up elements below the mouse pointer.
- Don't draw audio input/output ports when they're
not used, not visible, or doesn't exist.
- Alternatively move module by left-dragging the
name instead of using the right-button.
- When right-clicking the volume slider, mute,
solo, or bypass, show the instrument effect
popup menu instead of the module popup menu.
- Don't overlap volume sliders with the
- Manual: Document the FX/Velocity subtrack.
- Manual: Some minor improvements here and there.
- Help: Open help windows in external browser if the
built-in browser is not able to show the manual
(i.e. compiled against a too old version of
- Renamed: instrumentIsSeqtrackBus -> instrumentIsBus
- New: gui_webCanShowManual, getInstruments, getMidiInstruments, getAudioInstruments, getBuses