the program is still fairly good now (at least compared to e.g. 4.9.10),
so the major version number has been bumped from 4 to 5.
Since 4.8.2, most work has been on fixing bugs and implementing
minor usability features.
There has been 613 changes between 4.8.2 and 5.0.10, which
is around 3 times as many changes as there were between
4.6.0 and 4.8.2. However, more big features were added between
4.6.0 and 4.8.2 than between 4.8.2 and 5.0.10.
I think the state of the program is quite good now. It's probably
time to start working on big new features while continue
implementing various minor, but important, usability features.
Changes 4.9.19 -> 5.0.10:
- Mixer strips windows: Don't obtain keyboard focus.
- Doc: Remove "Save URL" and "Save link" from the popup menu when clicking a link.
- Doc: Fix "Open in new window" when right clicking a link.
- Editor: Show track info in the status bar when moving cursor left or right.
- Audio: If a plugin has more outputs than inputs, silence those extra outputs when plugin is bypassed.
- Instrument widget: Move the "Solo" button next to the "Mute" and "Bypass" buttons.
- Instrument widget: Replace the "Effect on/off" button with a "Bypass" button.
- Instrument widget: Replace the "Volume on/off" button with a "Mute" button.
- Audio: Only apply "Volume" if effect is NOT bypassed, and apply volume BEFORE applying dry/wet, not after. Radium will also show a warning when loading song created with an older version of Radium since it could sound different now if using bypass or dry/wet.
- Editor: Fix moving cursor to the note text when swing text is visible and cursor is positioned to the right of the note text.
- Editor: Also show the effect name in the status bar when mouse is above an fx text sub track.
- API: New functions: getFxtextEffectNumFromX, gui_setTakeKeyboardFocus, gui_takesKeyboardFocus, gui_setUrl.
Major changes 4.8.2 -> 5.0.10:
- Lots of bug fixes and minor improvements.
- Audio: Don't apply volume when bypassing.
- Piano roll: Improved eraser functionality.
- Editor: Move the swing sub tracks to the left of the piano roll.
- Mixer strips: Show automation values.
- Mixer strips: Quickly enable or disable plugins and sends.
- GUI: Make F11 switch full screen for all windows.
- Audio: Scan plugins in a separate process.
- Audio: Apply correct initial automation values when starting to play.
- Mixer: Configuration editor.
- Documentation: Many improvements.
- Audio: Always connect and disconnect several connections simultaneously, not one by one.
- Mixer strips: Faster graphics.
- GUI: Better font rendering on Windows and macOS.
- Menus: Improve keyboard navigation.
- Sequencer: Faster to move blocks while playing.
- Faust Development: Fix various GUI issues.
- Audio: Support Jack transport in order to sample-accurately synchronize to e.g. Ardour or Bitwig.
- GUI: Program includes a new "Edit" tab in the main window.
- GUI: Fix various keyboard focus issues
- 593 other changes. (613 git commits).