quantisation (bug introduced in 5.9.8) and a
fix for showing the assertion reporter when
using sequencer automations (bug
introduced in 5.9.19). There is also
a crash fix for the piano roll, but I think
that one was very rare, maybe not even
possible to hit.
Otherwise the release mostly contains GUI improvements
Changes 5.9.20 -> 5.9.21:
- Quantitize: Fix crash happening sometimes. Bug
introduced in 5.9.8.
- Editor: Make changing pianonote end position
- Editor: Make moving pianonote and changing pianonote
start position frame-accurate.
- Editor/pianoroll: Fix assertion error sometimes
popping up when trying to move note below end of
- S7: Build s7 with debug symbols.
- Sequencer: Name the automation entries ("Automation")
in the popup menu.
- Editor/pianoroll: Make sure mouse pointer is placed
in the middle of the newly created note in the x
direction, and at the bottom of the newly created
note in the y direction. This feels much more
- Editor/pianoroll: Make it possible to move new
notes upwards, not just change end note position.
- Sequencer: Fix assertion window popping up when
creating automation and possibly other situations.
Bug introduced in 5.9.19
- GUI: Display "Shift + Right Mouse" as keybinding to
various popup menu entries used for deleting things.
- Scripting: Don't show assertion reporter if a
callback returns the wrong type.
- Soundfile saver: "Range" -> "Range in current block".
- Manual: Some minor fixes.
- Menus: Rename "Solo/Mute" to "Editor Solo/Mute".
- Menus: Moved "Turn off Solo for all instruments"
from the Solo/Mute menu to the "Play menu".
- Menus: "Glissando" -> "Glissando between two notes".
- Menus: Rename "Block view" to "Editor View" and
"Block edit" to "Editor Edit".
- Editor: Add "Muted" and "Soloed" to the track popup
- GUI: Fix mixer strip for current instrument moving
to the left side of the mixer when pressing the "W"
button. Bug introduced in 5.9.15.
- GUI: Fix minimum height of the main window to grow
and grow in size when pressing the "W" button in
the mixer. Bug introduced in 5.9.15.
- Preferences: Options to let mixer window and
sequencer window be independent windows. I.e. that
they are not children of the main window, meaning
that the main window can be put in front of the
mixer or sequencer, the windows possibly get other
bar buttons (depending on the OS and window
manager), and so forth.
- Mouse: Fix gridding working the wrong way in the
editor if the object we were moving wasn't
already placed on the grid. Bug introduced
- Mouse: Make gridding frame-accurate.
- Editor: Fix moving note end in the note text
- API: sequencerWindowIsChildOfMainWindow,