Radium is a music editor with a new type of interface.
- Compared to the normal sequencer interface editing is quicker and more musical data fits on the screen.
- Compared to trackers, note positions and effects are edited graphically, which should be quicker, provide more vertical space and give a better musically overview.
However, despite its unusual appearance, it's a design goal for Radium to be straightforward to use, and easy to learn. It should not be harder to learn Radium than any tracker or most midi sequencers.
- Velocity automation
- Effect automation
- Pitch automation
- Tempo automation
- Smooth scrolling
- MIDI sequencing
- Modular mixer.
- LADSPA and VST plugins
(More than 100 LADSPA plugins are included in the OSX and Windows versions)
- Several built-in effects and instruments
(virtual instruments, etc.)
- Pure Data embedded.
(Linux only for now)
- Perfectly tuned default color scheme
- Extension language support.
(Write programs that generate music or modify your songs)
- Scores can be generated with Common Music Notation (CMN)
- Open source
- Load the demo song in the File menu.
- Play by pressing "Alt Gr". Stop by pressing Space alone.
- Add a new note by pressing a key. Change octave with F1 and F2.
(Or record from MIDI input)
- Delete or stop notes by pressing "Delete" or "a".
- Add effects by pressing right mouse button in a track.
Page was last updated: 2015-05-05
- 2015-05-23: Released 3.0.2 (Changelog).
- 2015-05-09: Released 3.0.1 (Changelog).
- 2015-05-04: Radium 3 has finally been released. (Changelog).
- 2015-05-03: Released 3.0.rc22, and added many new screenshots and a video. (Changelog).
- 2015-05-01: Released 3.0.rc21. (Changelog).
- 2015-04-26: Released 3.0.rc20 for windows. Fixes crash on windows 8 during startup. (Changelog).
- 2015-04-25: Released 3.0.rc18. (Changelog).
- 2015-04-18: Released 3.0.rc17. (Changelog).
- 2015-04-15: Released 3.0.rc16. (Changelog).
- 2015-04-07: Released 3.0.rc15. (Changelog).
- 2015-04-03: Released 3.0.rc14. (Changelog).
- 2015-04-02: Released 3.0.rc13. Download here. (Changelog).
- 2015-03-29: Released 3.0.rc12. Download here. (Changelog).
- 2015-03-15: Released 3.0.rc11. Download here. (Changelog).
- 2015-03-08: Released 3.0.rc10 for all platforms. Download here. (Changelog).
- 2015-03-03: Released 3.0.rc9 for all platforms. Download here. (Changelog).
- 2015-03-01: Released 3.0.rc8 for all platforms. Download here. (Changelog).
- 2015-02-28: Released 3.0.rc7 for Linux, Mac OS X (beta), and Windows. Download here. (Changelog).
Is there a feature you really want? Perhaps audio multitrack editing, or LV2 plugins? Or maybe you have an idea you want to see realized? Then support the development of Radium.
You can also help Radium get a steady progress by subscribing. Bug reports and feature requests from subscribers are prioritized. Subscribers also get access to binaries of Radium for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Radium can also be flattred: